The Only Dating Advice You’ll Ever Need
There is quite a lot of dating advice out there which doesn’t make a whole lot of sense:
- “Always make doubly sure that you’re the one to text women less. So if they send you two texts, you need to send them only one. If they send you one text, you should just send one-word answers.”
- “Appear busy, but don’t text them right away.”
- “Make use of reverse psychology on them.”
Articles, books, blogs, movies as well as videos are all based on the concept that there is a way to date someone. A correct combination of texts, words – in addition to behaviours – that will make someone fall in love with us. All without losing your power.
This is totally wrong!
This advice is based on a imperfect premise that love is a game and individuals are prizes to be won. People are not objects with some amazing features.
Just be yourself.
Have you ever heard of this old time saying? You may have just rolled your eyes looking for ‘better’ less cliche-sounding advice. But hey, this is the only true way.
Be Together For The Correct Reasons
Some of these wrong reasons include:
- Pressure from friends as well as family.
- Feeling like a “loser” as they were single and settling for the first person that came along.
- Being together for image as the relationship looked good on paper (or in photos), not because the two people really admired each other.
- Being young and naive – in addition to hopelessly in love – and thinking that love would solve everything.
- Relationship advice that’s not from a Disney movie.
Everything which makes a relationship “work” (and by work, we mean that it is happy and sustainable for both people involved) necessitates a genuine, deep-level admiration for each other. Without admiration, everything else will unravel.
Have Realistic Expectations About Romance
In ancient times, people genuinely considered love to be a sickness. Parents cautioned their children against it and adults quickly arranged marriages before their children were old enough in order to do something stupid on the back of their out-of-control emotions.
This is because love — although able to make us feel giddy like we’ve just won the jackpot playing Canadian online slots — can also make us extremely irrational. We all know about that guy (or girl) who quit school, sold their car, and then spent all the money to elope on the beaches of Tahiti. We all also know how that exact same guy (or girl) ended up skulking back a few years later feeling like an idiot and not to mention broke.
The Most Essential Factor In A Relationship Is Not Communication But Respect
Communication — no matter how open, transparent and disciplined — will break down at some point in time. Conflicts are pretty much inevitable and feelings will always be hurt.
And the only thing that is able to save you and your partner, that could protect you both to the very hard landing of human frailty, is an unerring respect for one another. It’s very important that you hold each other in high esteem.